– For best results and maintaining the nutrient value steam them for 4 – 5 minutes.
– Believe it not green beans are a powerful anti-toxin food. They contain flavonoids like catechins, epicatechins, and procyanidins that detox the body.
– They provide you with an essential mineral called silicon. Important for bone health and formation of healthy connective tissue.
– Nutritional value includes: vitamin K, manganese, vitamin C, fiber, folate, vitamin B2, copper, vitamin, B1, chromium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, choline, vitamin A, vitamin B3, protein, omega-3 fats, iron, vitamin B6, vitamin E
– Improvement in levels of blood fats and better protection of these fats from oxygen damage has been shown to result from green bean intake, overall this improves your cardiovascular system.
– Good source of folates which are useful for cell division and DNA synthesis. Recommended for pregnant women.
– Vitamins like Niacin and Thiamine that are present in green beans help with infection prevention.
– Eaten raw will release more of the nutritional values in Fava beans, however they can still be cooked and retain high levels of nutrition.
– Dense with vitamins and minerals, high in protein, offering 10 g per 1/4-cup serving
– Stacked full of Folate. Folate belongs to the B family of vitamins and is vital for energy metabolism. Also supports the function of the nervous system and aids in the synthesis of DNA, RNA and red blood cells
– If your diet lacks iron, these little bad boys are packed full of it. A cup full will supply you with 30% of your RDA
– Full of Manganese. Manganese supports the function of the nervous, immune and endocrine systems and is required for the production of superoxide dismutase, an enzyme that is also a powerful antioxidant. Manganese helps prevent arthritis, osteoporosis and diabetes.
– Soluble, fiber-rich food that supports cardiovascular health. Soluble fiber is particularly effective at lowering low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels, commonly referred to as “bad” cholesterol.