Many people suffer from joint pain and arthritis. Some have to resort to Pain killers, operations or avoiding certain activities. Unfortunately the two types of arthritis (Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis) cannot be controlled, but they can be helped and managed.
The fallowing natural remedies are known to help for arthritis :
- Devil’s Claw, Ginger,
- Green-Lipped Mussel Omega 3 Oil,
- Turmeric plant (used to flavor food and has been used as an anti-inflammatory in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine for centuries),
- Ashwagandha plant
- Aloe Vera.
Lately research has shown that Aloe Vera has many beneficial properties for problems with joints and arthritis.
- Aloe vera is a natural anti-inflamatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral. It helps reduce the inflammation around the joints caused by arthritis thanks to bradykinin, salicylate, and other natural steroids that reduce inflammation. It also fights any secondary infections that may occur within the joints.
- Aloe vera contains glucosamine, a natural compound found in cartilage.
- It contains minerals that promote enzyme reactions in the joints. This aids the joints in healing faster.
- It can inhibit the autoimmune reaction associated with certain forms of arthritis, in which the body attacks its own tissues.
- It helps disperse damage tissue and helps repairs damaged cells
- High in amino acids the building blocks of cells and tissue.
- Aloe vera alkalises the body, Disease cannot manifest in an alkaline environment. People mostly eat acidic foods. Great health is the 80/20 rule – 80% alkaline forming foods and 20% acidic. Aloe vera is an alkaline forming food.
Forms of taking it
- Skin Gel- The aloe vera gel can be applied directly to the swollen area on the skin. It should be applied in a massaging way, relieving the joint and rubbing the gel well into the skin.
- Aloe vera capsules – Can be taken two to three times a day and will relive the symptoms more effectively than the skin gel.
- Aloe vera juice – Probably the most commonly found. Simply a drink produced like fresh orange or apple juice, it can be found in chemists or health shops.