Top 5 foods to help reverse and stop sun damage for the summer season:
– Cherries: Has Melatonin, protects the skin from UV
– Crimini Mushrooms: Has Selenium, fights damaging compounds called free radicals that form in the skin during sunlight exposure.
– Iced Green Tea: epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), fights inflammation in the skin i.e burnt skin
– Pomegranates: nutrients in pomegranates can reduce the ability of UVB radiation to cause cancer-promoting damage in skin cells.
– Fatty Fish (Salmon): omega-3 fatty acids, help protect skin from the damaging inflammation